Friday, August 31, 2007

Fried rice with chinese sausage


More addiction to food photography. My friend said "You're not addicted to food photography, you're addicted to praises!" Well said, but not fully true. Praises means photos look good, photos look good means improvement. So its improvement I am after, and who knows, I may turn out to be one of the most creative and best food photographers in Malaysia. Am I nuts, ridiculously ambitious or what???

Well....aim for the sky, at least you'll fall on the trees. Good to be ambitious, at least there's a target to achieve and a goal to move towards to. I may not get there, but at least I've given my best, and I will have no regrets.

So here it is...my lunch today, left over rice from dinner yesterday, fried with Chinese sausage, diced carrots, fresh shiitake mushrooms, egg, garlic and spring onions. Simple but yummy!

Recipe (serves 2 persons):

Ingredients:
2 bowls of rice
1 piece of chinese sausage, sliced thinly
2 inch of carrot, diced
5 fresh shiitake mushrooms, quartered
1 egg, lightly whisked
1 sprig of spring onion
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 tbsp of groundnut oil
1 tbsp of soy sauce

Procedure:
1. Heat up a pan/wok and pour in the oil, put the garlic, followed by the chinese sausage and carrot dices, fry lightly. Add the mushrooms and fry for another minute before adding the whisked egg.
3. Fry for about 2 minutes before adding the soy sauce. Stir evenly.
2. Put in the rice, stir and fry until even. Serve with chopped chili, garlic in soy sauce if desired.

1 comment: