Friday, January 16, 2009

Vanilla Poached Forelle Pear and Apricot Mini Tartlets


This is my favourite among the lot. I love the "fresh morning" look and the texture on the wood.



I figured I had to find a way to consume the pears and apricots aside from them eating raw. So here's what happened to them, inspired by the recipe from here. I modified the recipe to make it easier for me, and put in a small piece of dark chocolate under the pears before baking. Aesthetics results not as good as I wanted it to be...but taste wise is okay. The apricot on the tartlets turned out way too tart (and soggy), so they went all to Sunnie's (my dog) tummy. She loved them though! (She loves any fruits in the stoned fruits family)

This is quite a tedious recipe as I had to poached the pears and apricots first. Puff pastry was store bought. Even then, it was a chore rolling them!

All photos taken around 10 am with natural morning light coming from back of the tartlets. Styrofoam used as reflector on the bottom right of photo.

1 comment:

Peter G | Souvlaki For The Soul said...

What a gorgeous breakfast CY! I'm glad Sunny got to enjoy some as well!